iPhone vs. BB Curve

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dudewheresmymac, Feb 18, 2008.

1. dudewheresmymac macrumors member

Hey,

Im looking into purchasing a new phone once my verizon contract expires. I like both the iPhone and Curve. I do a lot of text messaging and such so I am worried that the soft keyboard on the iPhone may be a problem. What are your experiences with texting on the iPhone keyboard? What else would you say about the differences between the Curve and iPhone?

Thanks

2. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Best thing to do is go to an Apple Store and try the iPhone out first hand.

3. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

The iPhone keyboard is amazing for texting. I haven't personally used a BB keyboard, but I have a friend who has an HTC with a slide out keyboard and I basically destroyed him in an online typing test.

I guess if you need to include lots of strange words that arent in the dictionary, or maybe words of different languages mixed up, it might not turn out so great for you since the correction is only for 1 language at a time.

But overall, don't let that stop you, and I would take the iPhone keyboard that doesnt waste valuable screen space when it is not needed, over a solid piece keyboard.

4. ajx22 macrumors regular

I've had BB's for the last >10 years. I had the Pearl and the Curve... & both are great phones.

That said; I now have an iPhone.

Unless you need the Exchange Server integration, get the iPhone.

JMHO

5. kbunch macrumors member

kbunch

I had a BB for about a year and I still miss the tactile keyboard. The slower typing is worth it though, i love the iPHone's functionality and I have an exchange server integration. I use IMAP and setup a seperate SMTP virtual server on my exchange box. Corporate America leans away from the iPhone though. It is less secure then a BB.

6. beemerin macrumors newbie

iPhone... The things you can do with it are endless

7. Jayhawk85 macrumors member

Jayhawk85

my 2 cents

I bought a BlackBerry Curve because I really needed a smartphone for work. The iPhone hadn't come out yet, but was due out soon. I use Mac computers, and the BB didn't sync well, or even at all. I used the phone for about a week before returning it and buying an iPhone. The BB was a chore to use, whereas the iPhone is a joy to use. And the monthly plan is cheaper. Get the iPhone, you won't regret it.

And one more thing...

I like the iPhone's autocorrection keyboard so much more than the BB physical keyboard. The BB won't correct your typing errors, the iPhone will. And when you don't need the keyboard it disappears, giving you a huge beautiful screen. Best of all possible phones in my opinion.

8. B.A. macrumors regular

I type MUCH faster on my iPhone than on my previous Moto Q. The correction is great- just type in the general area and the iPhone will figure out what you meant about 90-95% of the time (just an estimate). you barely have to touch the screen, so it allows you to type much faster.