Iphone VS Ipad !!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by montblanc1, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montblanc1 macrumors member

I would rather choose an iphone, reasons are simple:

1. iphone could serve as an ipod, and this is the most significant reason why I choose an iphone rather than an ipad. iphone is just as small as an ipod touch, only thicker, and taking an iphone is just that easy, while in contrast, ipad is such huge compared to any ipod device.

2. I can get wireless network ( 3G or wifi) wherever I am with an iphone. As to Ipad, although the 3G version has the same function, ipad is still too huge, and too heavy to take away.

3. Iphone is in fact a phone, you can call anybody whenever you want, so can you send and receive messages with an iphone; Yet with an ipad, you can't do this ( Although you can use skype to dial a number, you can't actually receive an emergency call)

The problem is, it seems that Iphone is a bot more expensive than the ipad!

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Well yeah. The iPhone is a phone. The iPad is an internet enabled tablet.

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Your first two points pretty much say the same thing (iPad is bigger).

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

They're two different products. I plan on having both, so that each can do what it does best.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah you are comparing 2 completely different products (although they might look alike). The iPad is mainly an e-book reader, kind of like the Amazon Kindle DX.

6. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Ridiculous thread. Two different products. Duh . . .

7. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

8. msduncan macrumors 6502

Elephant vs Dog

I would rather choose a dog, reasons are simple:

1. dog could serve as an indoor companion, and this is the most significant reason why I choose a dog rather than an elephant. dog is just as small as a cat, only thicker, and taking a dog is just that easy, while in contrast, elephant is such huge compared to any dog.

2. I can get affection wherever I am with a dog. As to elephant, although the pigmy has the same function, pigmy elephant is still too huge, and too heavy to take away.

3. dog is in fact a canine, you can throw it a frisbee, so can you can teach it to catch; Yet with an elephant, you can't do this ( Although you can ride an elephant)

The problem is, it seems that dog is a bot more expensive than the elephant!

9. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

And what is it that the ipad does better than the iphone that a laptop can't do better?

10. thejakill macrumors 6502

thejakill

I was expecting something revolutionary. An elephant is just a big dog, and it can't even multitask!

11. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

Yeah. iPad = highly portable tablet with eBook capabilities and applications that can be used to design websites, write papers, make presentations, etc. iPhone = phone with applications needed on the go for very specific needs (time to whittle away with a game, convenient restaurant searchers, etc.)

12. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Why do you guys, who obviously don't want or even like the iPad, keep hanging around the iPad forums demanding an explanation as to why other people like it? The iPad has been announced for a month, since then people have stated their reasons for wanting it over and over again. But at this point asking that same question, when you obviously won't agree with anything we tell you, is just an excuse to start the same pointless argument again. Enough already. You don't like, we get it.

13. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Since this thread doesn't seem to be producing any constructive discussion, I've closed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.