iphone vs ipod classic & sony ericsson w580i

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluedoggiant, Sep 22, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

i cant choose, i currently have the nokia 6010 and a 4gb 20gb (18.5gb)ipod, is it a good idea to degrade to the iphone's ipod while upgrading my phone? my itunes library is 5GB flat (thats 1270 songs), how many songs can the 8gb (7.3gb) iphone hold averaging each song is about 4.7 megabytes? are there any negatives in replacing you ipod with that of the iphones?? will it become less usable? is it a good idea to degrade my memory for that in the iphones to save money and electronics?? also, wen they say the iphone has 24 hours of playback time, is this true?

sorry for all the questions, i hope you can tolerate it :eek:, i need this resolved between the 13th on october or wenever leopard comes out.

thanx ALOT in advance!!!

2. 103734 Guest

Not sure about everything else but lately the youtube converting has sped up alot!

Like when I got my iPhone they only had one of my videos on they iPhone YT for about a month then they added another, and just in the last week and a half they added like 6 more of my videos and tons of other videos. I think they should be done converting all the videos anytime now.

3. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

Your iPhone will work great as an iPod, especially if you can fit your entire iTunes library on there. An 8gig iPhone can hold ~1700 4.7mb songs.

The only problem I can see with replacing your iPod with and iPhone is battery life. I use my cell as my primary line, so I couldn't use an iPhone as an iPod replacement. That said, you can try it out, and remember that iPod nanos are just getting less expensive and cooler as time goes on.

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

well my 4g ipod has a terrible battery life, the one on the iphone is 24 hours for audio playback, that way better