iphone vs ipod touch management

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dmb70, Jul 22, 2010.

1. dmb70 macrumors member

Not sure if this has been addressed before or what exactly to call it, but why is it with my ipod touch I can manage, copy & play music & movies from any of my 3 home & work Macs via itunes & with the iphone I can only do it from "home" computer?

Is there a 3rd party app that allows this on an iphone? I see all kinds of apps that let you copy files/media from your iphone to your mac been none that work the other way.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. xela24678 macrumors regular

3. dmb70 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the repley, but as I understand it that will not do what I'm asking.

Currently (& since it's release), I can take my ipod touch to either of my two home Macs or my work Mac (totally different network) or any other Mac for that matter & copy media from that machines unique itunes playlist to my ipod or delete anything I want from my ipod at that machine. I can also play any content on that ipod from within itunes on that machine.

With my new iphone 4 I can only manage & play the content of my iphone from within itunes on the Mac I activated the iphone on.

I don't really care as much if it's with itunes or a 3rd party app, but is there a way to get the same functionality I currently have on the ipod with the iphone? I have found apps that will let me copy media off of my phone on to any Mac I am running the app on but not the other way around.

anyone?

Thanks

4. dmb70 thread starter macrumors member

5. dmb70 thread starter macrumors member

6. xela24678 macrumors regular

first: did you use a different account for your iphone than your ipod. if so you have to activate all of the computers with the account of the iphone

second: what is the app that you are talking about, i would like it

hope it helps