iPhone vs iPod touch movie handling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wetrix, Mar 28, 2008.

1. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

I doubt there is a solution to this but this is really bugging me so I'll see if anyone can help.

I recently upgraded from an iPod touch to an iPhone thinking it was going to be an iPod touch with calling but one little thing annoys me: non-itunes-purchased movie handling.

When the iPod touch is connected to iTunes, you can set it to sync to playlists containing movies. I like this because I can modify this playlist without the iPod connected.

[​IMG]

When the iPhone is connected to iTunes, you have to manually check each movie file in a tiny window that can't be expanded. Also, this list can't be modified when the iPhone isn't plugged in (annoying if I watch an episode on my computer and want to remove it from my mobile playlist).

[​IMG]

I can't see why the two devices are handled differently. Both are jailbroken running 1.1.4, itunes is 7.6.1.

Another annoyance that plagues both devices is that movies are sorted alphabetically instead of by track number, which puts episodes out of order. You can't buy iTunes movies/episodes in NZ so I don't have the option to buy iTunes episodes, which I assume sort correctly. This problem extends itself into Frontrow 2.0 too, which is further plagued by not being able to resume playback for non-iTunes-purchased media. Grrr!

Can anybody shed some light on this?

2. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Yeah. There either needs to be 'Sort' button on the lists, or it should be sorted the same way you have it sorted in iTunes.

3. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

I "manage music and video manually" and just drag and drop movies/tv shows into the iphone from itunes and right click to delete them when I've watched them...a few seconds work every now and then.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You can always label them in iTunes, Over There 1; Over There 2, (I converted from my DVD to MP4 with HandBrake) and so on. I do that with the Star Wars 1-6 Episodes, again from DVD to MP4. PM me if you like. :cool: