iPhone VS iPod touch ...the dillema ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alebar14, Sep 5, 2007.

1. alebar14 macrumors regular

alebar14

Kia Ora from New Zealand !

I am so happy finally Steve Jobs introduced new line for iPods : iPod Nano, iPod Classic, and iPod touch. If I given a choice, I would go for an iPod touch.

One thing, I would like to ask for those who own an iPhone...how do you feel when you just knew that iPod touch has mostly capabilities as iPhone does ? Doesn't it a little bit upset ? Looking at the capabilities of iPod touch has mostly similar as iPhone does, except for iPhone you can make calls.

And now iPhone has demising the 4GB and lowering the price for 8 GB at that huge tag price (US$299) ,and iPhone hasn't even arrived yet in New Zealand.

At the beginning of this year when Steve Jobs introduced iPhone, I was so amazed and can't wait to have a hands on ,BUT as I am staying in New Zealand, so I have to wait until next year (2008).

Today, when Steve Jobs introduced iPod touch, it comes to a decision that I would like to keep my Sony Ericsson M600i and buying an iPod touch in a couple of weeks instead of waiting for an iPhone for another couple of months.

Do you see what I am trying to say ?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

If you are happy with your current phone, and want an iPod Touch, go for it. I have verizon, and am not about to switch (and pay for it) just so I can then spend another 400 dollars to get pretty much everything included in the iPod touch that I ordered tonight. If you hate your phone, wait for the iPhone. If you like your phone, but want the iPod Touch, buy buy buy! :p

3. Mr. B macrumors regular

Remember however, that although they are very similiar products, they are not the same thing.

For the same price points (at the low end) you get more storage space on the ipod touch.

However, (with a montly fee) on the phone you get a camera, stocks, notes, google maps, edge network, built in microphone, and a phone (obviously).

Very similiar, not exactly the same.