iPhone vs iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tragedies, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Tragedies macrumors 6502

Hey all, Im not sure how common these posts are around here but what the hell.

I currently have an average phone and live in Australia. People say Australia may never get the iPhone, others say next year. Im afraid of unlocking it incase Apple freezes all iPhones.

The Touch seems very similar, except without the phone or camera. It ahs wifi, which is nice for me, so I'm eager to get one.

What should I do? Stay with my average phone and get a Touch or wait a year and get the iPhone?

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

If you dont have a good reason to upgrade to an iPhone, then dont. If you just use your phone for everyday calls once in a while thing, there really isnt a reason to shell out THAT much money for an iPhone.

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I live in Australia and got the touch when it came out, it only made me want the iPhone even more. I have gone ahead and bought myself an iPhone. Its on its way over as I type this. The iPhone is expected to be released here in the second half of the year (that's just guesses from analysis') but I figure I would unlock it anyway because I wouldn't be able to afford the plan it comes with. Hope my story/opinion helps.

4. wizard macrumors 68040

Well if you don't want to unlock the phone then you really don't have much of a choice. It is either wait or buy a Touch.

Personally I don't think one should underestimate just how handy it will be to have everything in one device. Depending on how important media is to you, you have to realize that you get half the Flash Memory. Lots of U's there :)

In the end you have to decide, we can't do it for you. The spec sheets clearly show the differences in the machines. It really comes down to the camera and cell capability. Discount Bluetooth completely until Apple supplies the OS with a real Bluetooth stack.

Dave

5. toughshot macrumors newbie

It is nice to have everything you need into one device. Phone, email, wifi, etc. However, having a phone and an iPod touch is good as well. I have an Ipod touch and it's great, however, would I rather have an iPhone? Absolutely. I'd like the ability to carry one thing and be able to use it for everything. If it was me, I would wait. However, if you can't... get the touch!

6. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I'm here in the States and I bought an iPod Touch to get familiar with the features and use before I decide to buy an iPhone....

Not to mention I have until July before my current contract runs out, and I would like to wait until they go to EDGE from 3G.

MacDann

7. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

i have an ipod touch and i love it you can do most things with it and dont need to have a computer... but theres still things that you need a computer for...