Iphone vs. Pre (Not a matchup)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gigapocket1, May 27, 2009.

1. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

the palm pre.. are u serious?
    The palm pre is like a joke... its the lower end.. its the answer for all the iPhone/Apple haters..hahaha.. Its not even a threat to the iPhone.. most people havent even heard of it..

Lol all the pre lovers are going to drop $300, with a $100 mail in "rebate" thats going to take 6 months to get back.. for a UGLY phone thats trying to COPY the iphone. not to mention it only has 7.4 gigs of memory, a smaller touchscreen.. and the list goes on.. for $300 dollars (same price as a pre) ... u can get a 16 gig iphone with a 3.4 inch screen or for $200 dollars 8 gig iphone with a 3.4 inch screen.. not to mention all the apps you will ever possibly need in the app store.. not to mention iTunes.. The number 1 music source in the world! not to mention that no need for pushing buttons.. and dragging apps here and there and directories on the computer.. having to have different applications on your computer to put music on the device.. with iTunes.. just set up your phone one time.. all your apps can be synced back in forth, contacts, calendars,music, videos, podcasts, photos, ringtones.. its hassle free..

what does the "pre" have that the iphone doesnt have??
    a keyboard... as we can see the iphone on screen keyboard is a non issue n e more.. i mean the keyboard on the pre is all cram together, not to mention ugly. iphone keyboard is simple.. on screen! and has a spell check.. and in 3.0 landscape keyboard.. i mean look at the pre.. the phone is fckn ugly.. its thick.. reminds me of the att Tilt. except the keyboard slides down.. haha good luck.. the iphone has
    thousands of applications.. and dont come with me with that emulator crap.. all the palm os apps was trash n e ways..

and yall going to say feature wise the pre is better?
    how so?? All we see is os being ran on a computer? and yall saying its so fast, so snappy.. of course it is! its prolly being ran on 2.0+ ghz computer.. what u expect.. the pre isnt out yet and its still not better.. when 3.0 comes out.. the iphone will be the most complete phone ever made.. The pre contacts is better?? cuz its integrated with facebook and google?? you can already import contacts on the iphone from facebook and google.. it has featured google natively and for the facebook.. theirs dozens of apps for that..
    background processes?? u dont really need it but for the internet and listening to music.. just like it does on the iphone.. y would u need to run your settings or photos in the background? lol yall like the card view?? how u have to push the bottom button and then flick the application up to close it? to much work.. iphone just push the home button.. cant get any easier than that..

Now that i think about it..the pre is not even in the same category as the iphone.. the pre is still outdated.. the iphone beats the pre before it even comes out.. its "pre" beat before the release.. i mean the pre is fat, has a keyboard thats ugly, ugly form style, a stupid OS, less gigs, smaller screen.. for more than the iphone and not to mention the pre is on the worst network in the US.. and if this phone was so great.. it would have been on the verizon network... think twice before getting a pre.. its going to buggier than iphone 3.0 on beta 1..

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

No 1 is goin 2 take u srsly if u talk lyke this....lulz

The Pre is impressive in what it can do. At least Sprint now has a nice phone. Like Moon said, you already said it once. If it was insignificant enough for no one to give a s*** then, why would they care in a new thread where all you are doing is bashing a device that YOU HAVENT EVEN USED YET?

4. newConvert macrumors regular

whoa, take a deep breath. Remember competition = good.

All this need to defend apple to the death is.....odd.

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Yes! But will it blend?

Your wrong, the Pre is a good alternative to the iPhone. I also hope this pushes the iPhone to be better.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Someone wants to have Steve Jobs babies.

Love is in the air...

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Kinda funny that the Pre pimps and advocates on the forum seem to be much more eloquent in their debating of the two phones than some iPhone advocates...

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Shocking, shocking I tells you!

9. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I actually think that the Pre is a great phone and it's good competition for the iPhone. I personally don't want it (I love my iPhone too much) but it's a great alternative for people who don't like the iPhone for some reason or for people who do like it but can't have it (network coverage, contract...)

Different people have different needs and it's impossible for the iPhone to meet everyone's needs, it doesn't matter how great it is.

10. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Kind of ironic that you go on about how amazing and wonderful the iPhone is, yet your still so interested in jail-breaking it and not using it the way Apple intended.

And yet what you have seen of 3.0 isn't really making you happy..

11. brent0saurus macrumors regular

brent0saurus

you know what i think? i think you just bought an iphone and now you're upset that something is coming out that may be a worthy competitor.

just relax, dude. competition is good. it will make the iphone better. there's a reason the iphone didn't have basic features like MMS/Video recording and got away with it for multiple years; nothing came close to it. Now Apple needs to stop napping on the sidelines because the competition is catching up.

12. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

The pre was designed by some of apples ex-iPhone team, so u must not like some of the iPhone features too.

13. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

14. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

15. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

im glad I can msg my friend, email to another, IM to the third, at the same time, has the browser open and quote your idiotic word so we can all have a laugh together.

All on my Pre! :p

16. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

stop lying. Everybody knows you only have two friends and one of them is your grandmother who doesnt use email or IM.

:D

17. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

Well u can't do that yet since the fone is not out ;) I hope the pre does well.. competition is a good thing

18. chox99 macrumors regular

I think iPhone bring alot to the phone, PMP market. Now with Pre and Zune HD, it's only gonna get better. BTW, Pre looks awesome. can't wait to see it in person. :D

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Competition is always good.
    I think the Pre is the best thing that happen to the iPhone.

20. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

21. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

I actually like his post and aside from the hilarious presentation every thing he mentions is true.

IMO the pre is just another android.

22. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Threads like this make me want to not buy an iPhone.

23. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Wonderful thread, I love to read ebonics ....LMFAO:D