iPhone vs. Water...iPhone Wins!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davistld01, Nov 20, 2014.

1. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I'm usually not the clumsy type, hardly ever drop my phone...much less have it wind up in the toilet or in the sink, or at the bottom of the pool. In fact, I have never seen the need to have insurance on my devices through Apple or Verizon...but I was almost glad I bought it this time.

Yesterday, at a restraunt I was talking and gesturing with my hands (a bad habit), and knocked a huge (and full) glass of ice water over on our table...and all over my iPhone 6. I was horrified! Of course, it was the first thing I grabbed, and tried to dry it off with napkins...but I had a terrible feeling that it was a goner. To my pleasant suprise it never missed a beat and is working fine.

Bottom line...although I do the see the need for insurance on phones now, and I'm sure lots of folks will by the Lifeproof cases when they drop...I'm pretty damn amazed by the structure of the iPhone 6 and it's being impervious to water.

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I dropped mine in the snow yesterday and didn't realize it for about 10 minutes. So far it seems to be fine. Fingers crossed.

3. rmbpuser macrumors 6502

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

It is inadvisable when driving... (at least with both hands..) :cool:

5. natsinicky macrumors member

It's a dangerous habit; when waters are nearby

6. soufflegirl macrumors member

Good to know! I do the same thing at coffee all the time - it's an honest to goodness miracle I've not spilled on my iphone yet! I usually keep mine in my purse at coffee to be extra safe but it's always going to be that one time when I don't that I'll have an accident. Glad it's still working for you!

7. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Yep, hasn't missed a beat so far. I remember the first few iPhones...they would quit if you dropped them in the grass outside after a heavy dew! Good to see quality has improved.

8. natsinicky macrumors member

I actually dropped mine last night in the sink while I was doing dishes, and so far.... it's still good. I dont know how, but I suppose I might have a guardian angel looking after me.