iPhone Wake Up Disappearing Discoloration - Normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by follicle84, Oct 8, 2010.

1. follicle84 macrumors newbie

I have had my iPhone 3GS for nearly a month now and I just noticed this tonight.

When I wake my phone up (by pressing the home button or the button on the top of the phone) there is a very slight discoloration (bluish in color) that occurs at the far left and right ends of the screen. The discoloration lasts for about half a second (or less) and then quickly fades away. I'm not sure if this is something that normally happens when the iPhone wakes up or not. It really isn't that noticeable (my wife couldn't even spot it). I am just very attentive to detail and obsessive compulsive about my expensive electronics!

There are no other issues with the phone or screen. There is no discoloration at any other time other then when I wake the phone up. If this is the only issue, it really won't bother me much. I just don't want it to evolve into a major screen problem. I just returned another 3GS for Wifi/Vibrate issues and really don't want to go through the hassle of returning another one for a slight problem like this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance for any replies...

2. follicle84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone? I'm beginning to think this is a hardware issue...