iPhone Warranty after replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nikunj93, May 29, 2013.

1. Nikunj93 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i Have a iPhone 4s 16gb which i purchased in 1st week june 2012. There was some issue with it and the service center gave me a replacement today. I asked him what is the remaining warranty, he told the original remaining on your device. So I checked it online it is showing: One more year remaining from todays date! It's actually good, but I want to sure. Is it the same for you guys? I live in India, and got my phone from here itself.
    Also, I wanted to buy applecare and wanted to be sure I do buy it in time as a week is left only for ORIGINAL device warranty to expire. Also, the telephone support is showing till end of August 2013 so has the full warranty been reinstated?

Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The warranty started from today. New phone, new warranty.
    Same thing happened with my MacPro when it was replaced.

3. Nikunj93 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. aristobrat, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013

aristobrat macrumors G4

At the Apple store I worked at (US), warranty replacements got the remainder of the warranty from the device they replaced, or 90 days. Whichever was longer.

Actually, here's a quote from the warranty.

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

5. crucius macrumors regular

The warranty refers to the original device, so it shall end at the first week of june 2013. However, since you are interested in the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP), i would advise you to call AppleCare and ask them to confirm the warranty information, otherwise you may loose the opportunity to buy the APP.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Warranty replacements get at least 90 days of warranty.

Since the original device's warranty expires before 90 days, then the warranty on the replacement would be from the date he received the replacement + 90 days. End of August.

7. Nikunj93 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok. i have a bigger (read small issue) at hand now rather than warranty.
    i think I have a a display issue in this iPhone! There are two small bright white spots on the top of the screen which are noticeable in white background or light backgrounds especially while browsing. What do you think should I take to the service center again?? :/ I got it on Wednesday, its a distance from my home, got a screen guard and everything! and now this :/ what a mess.

Check these images..white spots :/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Nikunj93 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

My iPad 1 has this too. It does not bother me nor i notice it if i don't try to. You could get a replacement if you want to since the white spots Is from when the phone taken out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

10. Nikunj93 thread starter macrumors newbie

how long since you are facing this problem? has it expanded? remained the same?