iPhone warranty in Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by X5-452, Aug 12, 2008.

1. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

Heyo,

Quick question for you - I've been reading and browsing the Apple site, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. My home button has become really unresponsive, and I troubleshot it according to the Apple iPhone user guide, but it still doesn't work properly, so they tell me that I have to get it serviced. My question is this: Am I able to walk into my local Rogers store and get them to replace it, or do I have to call Apple and have them service it?

2. zonkerguy macrumors newbie

Just went through the service/warrantee procedure (not done, either!)

Had a problem with the keyboard on mine (2 day old black 16 gig) - the "e", "s", and "z" keys don't work in vertical mode. Worked for the first 36 hours or so, but then mysteriously would not anymore.

Took it back to the store I purchased it from - they can't replace it, you need to call Rogers tech support. Waited on hold for about 15 minutes, then the rep that took the call put me on hold for another 7 minutes after transferring me to the "i-phone help desk" (regular tech support doesn't do i-phones and you can't ask for that option when first calling in).

After convincing the rep that my phone, indeed, was not working was given a long list of instructions (reset all settings to factory defaults, re-install operating system, etc.) After doing all that, phone still had same problem. Called them back (same wait on hold) and was then told I would have a replacement phone shipped to me. That was last Friday, and they said that a replacement would take about a week. I asked if they could send it to my office address, but no dice, they need to send it to the address on the contract to "prevent fraud".

All in all, that took most of Friday morning, 3 hours plus, to get service for a 2 day old unit. I think that in my case, an in-store replacement would have been better.

z

3. sihotrain macrumors newbie

aapple store will replace iPhone

My iphone battery was performing poorly so I took it to rogers but they refused to replace it. Rogers told me to call their tech support. Called tech support and was advised that they will send out a replacement in 10 business days. Wasn't happy with this so I went to the apple store and a genius replaced it on the spot. Brand new and it works great.

4. vistokid macrumors 6502

Did you have to send yours back to Rogers first? How did that work? I'm having battery issues but I can't go phoneless for 10 days.

Thanks

5. bori macrumors member

Just bring it into an Apple store, and they will do an exchange for you.
    It's best to make an appointment at the Genius bar first.