Iphone warranty question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Helixc0de, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Helixc0de macrumors regular

Well I recently sent my iPhone 4 in to Apple for a replacement because I was having speaker problems. The iPhone is still in transit with FedEx and Apple will not receive it until Monday (June 20th). Basically I want to know if I call up Apple and asked them if for a White iPhone. My original iPhone 4 is black. I just want to know if they will say yes or know or if anyone has ever been successful at doing this.

2. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Sadly, they may say no, but it never hurts to ask because that can be very cool and possible. I'm going to call today as my back plate is loose and clicks and maybe i can ship it off and get a white one? I'll call if i was you.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You will get a black iPhone 4 back with the exact same storage capacity. They give you what you paid for. I have seen some rare instances where an Apple "genius" will give someone a higher storage capacity if they're out of the customer's exact model; but this generally only happens in store and it's very rare. They will never switch your color. If for some reason (and they won't be) out of black iPhone 4s, they will make you wait. You will not get a white one because they are so high in demand.

And as for the backplate, just buy one online for cheap. You probably still won't get a white one from Apple.

4. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

They are only allowed to give you the same color you replace in the first place.. that'd be black. Judging by the people who have actually asked for an opposite color version, it's impossible to get such treatment :(

5. Helixc0de thread starter macrumors regular

Could I possibly pay more for the white iPhone. I have had instances where I sent in a 16gb iPhone and I would pay 100 more for a 32gb in return.