iPhone warranty question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mrg02d, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Mrg02d
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Hey guys,
    I won a used 32gb white iPhone 4S on eBay for $286.00. It came with a tiny crack in the very top of the front glass, right near the metal band. The seller offered a full refund or a $25.00 refund to keep it. I kept it since it is in great condition overall and it being 32gb. I checked out the SN and see that it's still under warranty until next July 2013. It works fine right now, but if something came up like the dreaded button problem, would apple give me grief for the small crack? The crack isn't on the screen and strangely enough, I see no sign of dropping. When I put a seidio surface case on, it's not visible. I just don't know how they are when you have an actual crack, no matter how insignificant it is...

Has anyone else has warranty work done despite a small crack?

2. Applejuiced
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you bring it in for another issue and dont try to tell them you want it replaced just because of the glass crack they will most likelly do it.
    Just tell them the tiny crack doesnt bother you that much and you dont even notice it its just that the button is acting up. Offcourse they will need to see proof and verify it has a defect and then they will swap it for a replacement.

3. Mrg02d
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 65816

That's good to know. The crack isn't visible with the case on anyways. It bothers my OCD, but for the price, I can live with it. I just wanted to make sure that if something unrelated popped up, I'm covered...

As I can tell, it's in perfect working condition. No screen bleed, or funny colors that I have noticed( I don't look for them anyways). Home button is crisp and responsive.