iPhone warranty question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThugZilla, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ThugZilla macrumors regular

My iPhone is unlocked on T-Mobile, and in 5 days I'm cancelling the AT&T contract, and keeping the phone. Now if something happens to my phone *knock on wood*, will Apple service it even though I won't have an AT&T contract?

2. aok1975 macrumors 6502

I doubt it. Will t-mobile service a phone on att, no.

3. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

Not Tmobile, but Apple.

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

From what I've heard it is very hit and miss. I'd assume miss unless you get a VERY sympathetic genius.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

It should not be an issue since the warranty starts as soon as the iPhone is activated on AT&T. Since you have already done that you are good to go for warranty. The individuals that hit the warranty issue have either voided the warranty or the iPhone was never activated on AT&T. If you got a not very bright Apple Genius, just try another store or use the mail-in service.

Apple’s warranty obligations for this hardware product are limited to the terms set forth below:

Apple, as defined below, warrants this Apple-branded hardware product against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”).​

Dave

6. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

My phone is jailbroken and unlocked with yellowsnow, it was activated instore when I bought it, so if something happens to it *knock on wood*, and I restored it to get rid of the jailbreak, Apple would service my phone?