iPhone Warranty Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Caolan96, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Caolan96 macrumors regular

Hey Guys, Im New to the forum,

I'm 13, a new Mac user, and long time iphone user. (all of 3 years !)

Anyway introductions aside,

My iPhone 3GS ringer switch is broken, (overly sensitive, wont stay in silent position, which i really need for school!)

So i was wondering, is the ringer switch covered by the warranty, because its really annoying, the switch is over sensitive, it will stay in the ringer postion no problem, but when it is switched to silent mode if the switch is even touched at all it goes crazy vibrating because it switches between the 2 modes about 10 times.

I have an apple store within an hours driving distance, and i was wondering if this is covered by warranty, and if it is, and they say they'll replace it, will they replace my black one with a white one if i ask nicely?

It's just ive gone through 4 black iPhone 3G's and 3GS's now, and they always end up getting scratched. So I'd prefer white.

Sorry for this long boring post, but id really appreciate any help !

Thanks in Advance for any answers.

Caolán. :apple:

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

If your phone is still covered it should be. Good luck.

3. Caolan96 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I'm still covered by warranty, do you think they'll let me have a white replacement phone if i ask, instead of the black i currently have?

Thanks.

Caolan.:apple:

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

No, they only replace with same model, same color.