iPhone Warranty Replacement - Affect Upgrade Date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CJLevinsk22, May 13, 2010.

1. CJLevinsk22 macrumors member

CJLevinsk22

Hi guys -

Like everyone else, I'm eagerly anticipating the upcoming iPhone 4/HD. In preparation, I am considering having my less then 1-year old 3G-S warrantyed through AppleCare. The reason being like others, I've developed a hairline crack in the housing. I want to make sure that I get the best bang for my buck when I put it up on eBay!

Apple will honor the defect and replace mine w/ a refurb - my question now becomes: Will this affect my early upgrade eligibility date? Right now, I'm good for upgrading (according to AT&T) on 6/21/2010.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!

-Chris

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

you may get a new phone and not a refurb...I excahanged my 3GS which I had since a week after release in the apple Store with no problem, I was given a NEW phone and sent on my way...my updrade date from AT&T is in June 2010

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You'll not get a new 4g phone, for your defective 3Gs. They have plenty of refurbs available to repair/replace your 3GS

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, warranty exchanges dont have anything to do with your upgrade eligibility.

6. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

Like everyone else said, u are good, has no effect on upgrade date whatsoever