iPhone Warranty start date

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Does you iphone warranty start from the day you register it with Apple thru itunes or the date it was sold from AT&T for example? Meaning if I ordered it on Jan 1 but didn't register it until Feb 1 when would my warranty start?

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
That's not always accurate. They go off the date on the receipt.
What do you mean? The day you bought it it is shown on the receipt.

How is it not accurate?
I believe this is the same database that the Apple Genius check when you request any service.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
What do you mean? The day you bought it it is shown on the receipt.

How is it not accurate?
I believe this is the same database that the Apple Genius check when you request any service.
Depending on where you buy it, not all places accurately (if at all) report the date sold to apple.

kbfr08

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
Depending on where you buy it, not all places accurately (if at all) report the date sold to apple.
Not sure how phone sales work, but walmart didn't report my ipod date to apple. If the warranty date doesn't match the purchase date, you can always send them a form to update their records.

Go here & enter your s/n https://selfsolve.apple.com/ - > see your service and support coverage, if the date on that page is wrong, click "submit your proof of purchase online" at the bottom of the page.