Iphone warranty

Nadeem_Guroo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Hello,i recently purchased an iphone 7 but it was originally purchased in US,it has warranty upto november 2017 which it even shows while checking it online,i just wanted to confirm that can i claim a replacement for any fault in my native country india as the phone was originally purchased in some other country.

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2010
England
I believe if you get it to an Apple Store, they will back the warranty. It is the authorized dealers who may refuse.
Yes, the warranty is universal no matter where it was purchased if you bring it to an actual store or with their online support....they then usually prompt you to get to a store if possible anyway.
OP - stay away from any 3rd party authorised dealers. More trouble than they are worth usually.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

niji

Contributor
Feb 9, 2003
tokyo
I believe if you get it to an Apple Store, they will back the warranty. It is the authorized dealers who may refuse.
i agree.
but i do think in the warranty language itself it does (or at least did) exclude right of service in a country where it was not purchased in, but, the *customary practice* of apple directly managed stores has them accepting it most of the time.
i have purchased in Japan and Hong Kong and have it serviced in the USA.
but the point is moot since India does not have a directly owned apple store *yet* soon but not yet. they have shops within shops but not directly owned. therefore probably equivalent to 3rd party and likely not to accept it.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

ericwn

macrumors 68030
Apr 24, 2016
I have heard that the iphone warranty is specific to the country iphone is purchased in
I have heard the opposite. Apple will repair their products anywhere in the world if they offer service in that country. If this service is a retail store or a service provider depends on the location.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Shouldn't matter what country you are in! (that's not saying it "doesn't", that's saying it "shouldn't") good luck!