Iphone warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nadeem_Guroo, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Nadeem_Guroo macrumors member

Nadeem_Guroo

Hello,i recently purchased an iphone 7 but it was originally purchased in US,it has warranty upto november 2017 which it even shows while checking it online,i just wanted to confirm that can i claim a replacement for any fault in my native country india as the phone was originally purchased in some other country.

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

3. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

at apple brick and mortar stores probably. not so sure about "authorised repair shops" however.

4. Nadeem_Guroo thread starter macrumors member

Nadeem_Guroo

I have heard that the iphone warranty is specific to the country iphone is purchased in

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I believe if you get it to an Apple Store, they will back the warranty. It is the authorized dealers who may refuse.

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Yes, the warranty is universal no matter where it was purchased if you bring it to an actual store or with their online support....they then usually prompt you to get to a store if possible anyway.
    OP - stay away from any 3rd party authorised dealers. More trouble than they are worth usually.

7. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

i agree.
    but i do think in the warranty language itself it does (or at least did) exclude right of service in a country where it was not purchased in, but, the *customary practice* of apple directly managed stores has them accepting it most of the time.
    i have purchased in Japan and Hong Kong and have it serviced in the USA.
    but the point is moot since India does not have a directly owned apple store *yet* soon but not yet. they have shops within shops but not directly owned. therefore probably equivalent to 3rd party and likely not to accept it.

8. ericwn macrumors 65816

I have heard the opposite. Apple will repair their products anywhere in the world if they offer service in that country. If this service is a retail store or a service provider depends on the location.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Shouldn't matter what country you are in! (that's not saying it "doesn't", that's saying it "shouldn't") good luck!

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

18 posts in 18 minutes has to be a new record.

11. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I have a lot to say and ask.