iPhone Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GFLPraxis, Jan 14, 2008.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

There's a local guy on Craigslist I was considering buying a used (month-old) iPhone from. Let's say it dies three months from now- will I have any warranty issues? I will be hacking it to run on T-Mobile, not AT&T.

Also, as a side question- can iPhone firmware be downgraded? I realize we know little about 1.1.3, but my question is asked because if I order an iPhone from Apple and it has 1.1.3, I'd like to be able to downgrade to 1.1.2 for jailbreaking and unlocking.

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Even if I restore the software to its locked state?

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Ugh, let me reword. ASSUMING Apple releases 1.1.3 tomorrow, and ASSUMING it breaks the jailbreak like 1.1.2, is downgrading a simple process or would in all likelyhood be stuck? What was the situation when 1.1.2 came out?

6. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

well if you did that and took it in, they would just ask how you know its faulty if its not activated, (they would ask for your phone number etc)

7. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

With any updates, there are going to be issues jailbreaking it. When it is updated later today, there will probably be some new issues. Buying right now is obviously going to be a risk. But I suppose that's part of the risk.

If you're not willing to take the risk, wait a week or two to see what can be done with the firmware update.