Iphone Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seungboy, Nov 11, 2008.

1. seungboy macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just picked up a iphone from craigsiist and it still have applecare for another month. I've noticed that my battery dies pretty quickly. Do you know what I need to get it fixed? I currently have it unlocked and on the Tmobile network.

TIA,
    Seung

2. Kevlar macrumors 6502

As soon as you unlock it your warrenty is voided. If you completely reset it they might replace it. But as soon as they see any provider other the AT&T I doubt they will service it.

3. Pixellated macrumors 65816

4. seungboy thread starter macrumors newbie

will this work?

okay.

will it work if i reset it back to the original software and get one of those prepaid sims?

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Okay you need to download itunes 8.1 if you don't already have it. You are gonna have to do a DFU restore. After you restore do not put a tmobile sim card back in it. You need to make an appt at the genius bar if you have an apple store nearby. If not your gonna have to call 1-800-MY-IPHONE. Tell them about the battery and tell them you purchased the phone off CL and that it still has warranty. You can check the exact date of warranty exp on apples website. Just be very polite and they should replace it. Some Geniuses can be sticklers. Its a toss up on the one you will get. I took my 1st gen in and it was NOT activated and they changed it out for me. I did have the 3g to prove to them i was with at&t but maybe youll have the same luck. oh yeah DO NOT TELL THEM YOU WANT TO USE IT WITH T_MOBILE !!!!!!!

6. seungboy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. I'll give this a try. btw, what did you end up taking your iphone in for?

7. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

The volume rocker was stuck in the up position. I couldnt turn the volume down at all.