iPhone was stolen, help? :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bamboo123, Oct 15, 2010.

1. bamboo123 macrumors newbie

Hi people, my mom's iphone was stolen this morning... She was hospitalize and I think the thief is someone that worked at the hospital...

It seems that the thief had switched off the phone...

Is there any way I can find where the iphone is? Or make it explode? (( my mom's idea... :D ))

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Let's answer the question with another question.

Do you have MobileMe, and did your mother's iPhone get tied to it?

BL.

3. unclephil macrumors newbie

Some people... Hope he/she gets caught.

4. mikeee macrumors regular

wow this is SOOOO twisted, i hope that person gets their head cut off by a guillotine.

5. unclephil macrumors newbie

maybe theres an app for that?

6. bamboo123 thread starter macrumors newbie

no :( And I don't think I've never heard of it :(

yeah :( And then I'll hit him/her hard in the nose :p

I hope so too :/ But you don't get your head cut off for stealing in my place...

lol x3

7. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

MobileMe. It can be very useful in such situations. But you have to think of it a-head of time.

8. bamboo123 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh :( so is there nothing i can do? O3o *smacks myself* D:

9. lavaghman macrumors newbie

If they have tried calling anybody while your Mom's SIM was still in it there then you might be able to look up online (by logging into her account on phone network website) who they called. You could then call this number to track them down.

I got a phone back before by doing this. Some kid had it and after a couple of police theats he gave up his buddy who gave up the phone! :D

If that doesn't work you can get the network to shut the phone down permanently so at least you have the satisfaction of knowing they are not able to use it! :p

10. bamboo123 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'll try it out :D but i don't think the thief called anyone... IT just switched of the phone :p (( Imma call the thief IT cuz it's not human enough to be called a he/she :p ))

11. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

Probably not much chance of finding the phone unfortunately. Make sure your mom has changed all the passwords of any accounts that can be accessed on the phone (email, etc.). If she thinks it was stolen by hospital staff (and if that's true it really stinks) she should report it to hospital security and maybe the administration.

12. bamboo123 thread starter macrumors newbie

We did :/ But they told the security guard to check all lockers and when he found nothing, it means case over :mad: