iPhone & Watch charger bank

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrMister111, Nov 15, 2016.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

Any recommendations on an iPhone/USB and watch battery external charger?

I've seen 2 so far the Nomad pod pro and the Gigaflash power one. However both are either not, or very difficult, to get here in UK.

The power one looks a great idea, small enough and in built Watch charger.

Can anyone list some more, specifically available in U.K. please.

Thanks

2. TheIntruder, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016

TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

Belkin makes one as well.

The USB port is only 1.2A, so it won't rapid charge a phone, but it does have a higher capacity than the other two.

The Nomad is tidy, but for $80, BYOC is a non-starter, as it is for a lot of Watch accessories IMO.

3. MrMister111, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Never seen that one thanks. Same idea as the gigaflash power one. The Belkin looks so bulky though compared to the gigaflash. Pretty expensive to! It is a bigger battery admittedly though. I like belkin stuff and it's Mfi to though. Not bothered if 1.2A, prefer faster but that's ok.

Actually looking at the dimensions it's a lot smaller in height and width than the power one, just double thickness. Not sure what is better.

Yeh I only have 1 Apple Watch cable don't want to buy another one either really

4. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

If size is an issue, Griffin also makes one, but only for the Watch, and not cheap either.

The Belkin is constrained by the 18650 cells it uses, instead of the LiPo battery in the Gigaflash.

I think either would work well, but I'm not sure what kind of support the latter would receive, if needed. Gigaflash is one of those brands that operates out of HK/China, and probably just resells ODM product. They didn't even bother to put their own branding on the product.