iPhone Watch (Wristwatch) / It's coming?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lellis2k, Aug 31, 2011.

1. lellis2k macrumors 6502

lellis2k

Hi Guys,

I was about to write a post asking why we don't yet have an iWatch, made by either apple or a 3rd party that links to the iPhone.

It seems so obvious to have a watch that shows your sms, emails, who's calling etc without having to get your phone out.

Some would call this lazy, I call it effiency (e.g. in a meeting, do I need to answer this vibrating phone in my pocket or not?)

So anyway, it looks like one is coming! Is this for real?

http://www.imwatch.it/en/smartwatch/imcolor/

Discuss!

Leigh

2. rovex macrumors 65816

LG have had a watch phone out for ages but obviously hasn't gained much traction with the public. I remember meeting someone who had one and it looked extremely awkward answering a call.

Not to mention you look like a fool having your arm against your ear in that manner.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I can't see a "lot" of guys wanting to wear this!:eek:

4. lellis2k thread starter macrumors 6502

lellis2k

I wouldn't use it for answering calls, just to see who's calling then get the phone out if I wanted to answer it.

It's mostly just for convenience, this one's running android but apparently compatible with iPhone 4 or 3GS as well as Android phones and BB/WP7 next year.

It looks too good to be true IMHO but they've promised real photos/videos in august, of which today is the last today...

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I can't say I foresee this being a big hit. To me it seems like a waste of time and money, I'd rather just get my phone out. I guess if you have super tight pants or something, or spend hours and hours driving every day it may be handy, but other than that no.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

^^^^
    How is that more convenient? :confused:
    Just pick up the iPhone.

Anyway, I have no great hope that this product is going to be a runaway hit.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

8. lellis2k thread starter macrumors 6502

lellis2k

The phone is in my pocket, so if I'm driving or in a meeting its much easier to look at my wrist. By your logic nobody with a mobile phone would have a watch, which is most definitely not the case.

I think the price-tag will hold it back for now, but I'm pretty confident that in a few years these will be quite common.

9. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I think most people would rather opt for a decent dress watch than one of these. That's what I'd do

10. rovex macrumors 65816

Is a Bluetooth headset not sufficient? At least you can answer the call whilst you're driving if it's deemed necessary.

11. kdarling, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Reminds me of the Sony Ericsson LiveView watch, which can link to some Android phones.

It can be clipped to your shirt like an iPod Nano, or used with a wristwatch band.

Amazon sells it for about $70. Reviews are so-so. Needs refinement.

live_view_watch.png

12. lellis2k thread starter macrumors 6502

lellis2k

Yeah I've been looking at this, much better price but not as good a product, no touchscreen, smaller screen, and like you say it's just for a few android phones.

13. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

14. lellis2k thread starter macrumors 6502

lellis2k

Looks like a good stepping stone, I'm impressed with the amount of apps that have been created for it. Combined with the number of people that develop apps for iPhone/Android I'm sure there'd be loads of apps in a very short amount of time for an iWatch.

15. The Great Boony macrumors regular

If they brought out an iWatch it would have to be 32gb, or I'm not interested.