iPhone water damage, features disabled?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by harry20larry, Nov 10, 2008.

1. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Hey guys, my mum dropped her iphone in a puddle and all is well apart from some things.
    The ear piece or mic doesn't work and the loud speaker, however, when someone calls her, the loud speaker does work? When the water damage sensors are used, does this send a signal to the software to disable features, cause all of these factors happened only during me testing the phone to see if it worked, they were all working before that.
    Also, anybody who has suffered water damage, can you tell me what you had to do to get a new one,
    thanks,
    harri

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Unfortunately you will have to buy a new one at full price. The warranty does not cover user abuse.:confused:

3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

The water sensor is just a water sensitive sticker. All is does is turn red/pink after it gets wet.

What color is your sensor (viewable down the headphone jack hole)?

4. harry20larry thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

-

white

5. harry20larry thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

-

Just checked the phone again and the screen behaved eratically for a second, tested all features that weren't working and now fully functional, miracle?

6. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

If your sensor is white, you might have a shot with a genius. Now what you tell them happended to your iPhone is up to you.:rolleyes:

7. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Lucky :)