iphone water damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lucinda0987, May 2, 2010.

1. lucinda0987 macrumors newbie

two days ago i stupidly had my phone in my pocket whilst i was at the toilet the phone fell in and was in the water for less then 5 seconds i took it out and wiped it down and turned it off. I then olaced in under the dryer, since i have been drying it with the hairdryer and placing it in a bag of rice to dry out. There is still life in the phone when switched on it worked although the screen is not the same. The backgroung light is working although the background is white not black my camera also does not work can anyone help me?

I have had this phone for two months and i have no insurance on it and i dnt think apple will replace it as i have read they dont in the uk.

comments would be appreciated.

2. Haruhi macrumors regular

soem thingsd thaty happen cant just be fixed like youj mgiht want thyem to.
    i reccomend vccalluiing apple as they are alwayshxs up for a challe4nge and they will be jumpgng for joy if yoyu call them.
    pixels can go and screens can becdxome dissfuncitonal

3. lucinda0987 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I know that i just cant understand the amount of people who had their iphoned emerged for an hour and nothing wrong and mine was a few seconds and damage done,i cannot ring them today as the phone lines not open on a suday have to wait until tomorrow

4. Haruhi macrumors regular

its luck and chance my friend. Sometimes opne drop of water will sneak in the siude And BANG thats it. Just one drop.

5. SkylineMelody macrumors newbie

Hi

Hi, i'm having exactly the same thing. i live in the uk and got my iphone a week ago, and i dropped it down the toilet. it keeps pressing the home button so it keeps going on voice control & i can't turn it off because it just takes screen caps of the screen, and that also means i can't lock it. and it thinks that i keep putting it on charge and comes up with 'this speaker is not compatible with iphones, would you like to turn on flight mode?' & 'this speaker does not charge this device. dismiss'. what happened to yours?

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What do you mean, you can't power it off? Hold the sleep button until you can slide for power off. If you can't do that, just leave it in a bag of rice until it powers itself off. Your chances are slim of getting it to work right though.

7. iFixYouri macrumors member

All these problems can be fixed. Find a reputable shop that knows the processes and procedures to properly fix the water damage.

Some things that should be noted:
    • Don't pay if they don't 100% fix it.
    • Any damaged components need to be replaced
    • proper cleaning of corrosion, oils, down to the microscopic level or you may have problems in the future.