iPhone weather app

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by brisyasu, Nov 19, 2007.

1. brisyasu macrumors newbie

Hi All
    I installed 1.1.2 iPhone weather app and it seems work... however since last Friday Brisbane weather comes up as blank (just city name is there) at the bottom it says 'Update Failed'. :( and still same now... Could please anybody try 'Brisbane' in your touch for me? I am living in Brisbane so I would like to see my city..I am wondering whether it's yahoo weather's difficulty or my touch problem. Other major cities in Australia and other countries come up correctly.Thanks for your corporation.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

have you tried removing brisbane from weather and re-adding?

if that fails/failed uninstall weather and reinstall it?

3. brisyasu thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi andybno1 thanks for you reply
    I did removed and readded Brisbane many times although I haven't done reinstalled yet as I would like to know whether same thing happens on other ppls touch. How about yours?

4. brisyasu thread starter macrumors newbie

Pleeese

I still cannot sort it out. Please somebody try 'Brisbane' and tell me what happen in your touch.... or advise me how to fix it..pleeeese:(

5. Tres macrumors regular

6. Tsai macrumors newbie

use zip code instead

instead of typing the name of the city. Try typing in the zip code.

For example perth, wa, would be 6102.

7. chrishch macrumors member

It's probably a problem with Yahoo Weather. I have 1.1.1 on my Touch and neither Perth nor Brisbane is working. But for testing, I added Adelaide, Melbourne, and Sydney and those three are fine. Even Darwin works... So, I blame Yahoo. :p

8. bulge macrumors newbie

same here..

Brisbane (amongst others) is broken.

I even deleted my weather preferences via ssh. No banana.

It's a bit annoying as I live in Brissy too... but verified on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. Same on my girlfriend's iphone too.

If anyone comes up with anything, let us know!

*** I just put in postcode for BNE (4000) and it's worked.

try it out.

9. hayakuu macrumors newbie

bah the weather is always wrong on that app. the only thing they get right is the temperature :p

10. rtv macrumors newbie

I started having this problem on my iphone just 2 weeks ago. I find that if I restart the weather program it starts working again.

To stop the weather program, hold down the bottom button while in the weather program for about 15 seconds, it kills the program. Then select the weather icon again.