Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
It looks like a good concept for a puzzle game. I'd recommended spiffing up the graphics a bit (think shinier) and then implementing the rest of the gameplay (for me at least the game ends after every level I beat and no scores are recorded).

iLes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Tewksbury Massachusetts
It looks like a good concept for a puzzle game. I'd recommended spiffing up the graphics a bit (think shinier) and then implementing the rest of the gameplay (for me at least the game ends after every level I beat and no scores are recorded).

Yeah, it's not very clear what to do when a victory or defeat happens. Press the RESET button (next to the JUMP button) to start a new game and your scores will tally up based on the number of games you played. I'll make this more clear in the next update. Also, I'm re-doing the graphics as you suggested.

When you said "no scores are recorded" did you mean they are not saved? If so, I'd like to implement this feature once I figure it out.

- Les

iLes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Tewksbury Massachusetts
iBots update

Just updated the iBots game with new art and some tweaks to the game-play. The rating is now based on kills, wins and games played. Also, the bots each move independently now instead of all at once so it's a little easier to see what they're doing.

This is my first attempt at jScript/web programming. I still have a lot to learn. Things I'd like to add is an online high score chart but I have no clue how to allow the scores to be sent to my web server. Anyone have any experience with this? Suggestions?

direct link: iBots

Thanks.

- Les
The Game Projects

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
Have to give you grats, this is quite an addictive game, and seems simple :) Could be very good. Have to suggest a more slick interface (more iPhone like I 'd guess) and a instruction/tutorial. This is solely for the reasoning of it took me 2 games to figure out how to play :D

Still, despite that, keep up the good work! Good job for a first time, We all have to start somewhere :D

iLes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Tewksbury Massachusetts
Have to give you grats, this is quite an addictive game, and seems simple :) Could be very good. Have to suggest a more slick interface (more iPhone like I 'd guess) and a instruction/tutorial. This is solely for the reasoning of it took me 2 games to figure out how to play :D

Still, despite that, keep up the good work! Good job for a first time, We all have to start somewhere :D

Thanks. Good points here. I'll add instructions to the game which should help to understand it better and will continue to evolve the "look" of the game.

- Les

iLes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Tewksbury Massachusetts
An update to iBots has been put up on my website. The update includes:

1. Game state saving (your scores are saved using cookies).
2. New and updated art (at least new since my last post on here).

- Les

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.