iPhone Went Crazy While I was Sleeping

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Counted Out, May 3, 2009.

1. Counted Out macrumors member

So I woke up this morning and I went to check my Facebook using the Facebook app and I got an error saying the internet wasn't working - so I turned off the phone and turned it back on.

When the phone re-booted I noticed the fonts were different on the lock screen. After putting in my password, I also noticed that all of my icons had been moved around into a random order (including the docked icons). Also, at this time, a message box popped up and had some copyright information on a program that had something to do with font changing - which I don't EVER remember installing, especially recently.

Also, the icons reset EVERYTIME the the phone resets or the Springboard is "Resprung'. I haven't downloaded or changed anything (that I remember) since last night (when the phone was working perfect).

Any ideas?

SUMMARY (for lazy people like me):
    1. Phone Froze right after the internet stopped working.
    2. Turned the phone off, then on.
    3. Randomly have a new font.
    4. Icons will not stay in place.

Phone Info:
    iPhone 3G, AT&T Service, Jailbroken.

EDIT - Just found another problem, the actual phone "app" doesn't work. When you click on it, it loads very slow and the keypad shows up for a split second, then it goes back to the home screen.

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

If your phone is jailbroken the simple solution would be to unjailbreak it.

3. Counted Out thread starter macrumors member

lol.

That would be a good solution if there weren't a million jailbroken phones working perfectly fine. Also, this phone has been jailbroken for months and it was working completely fine until this morning.

Let's not turn this into an anti-jailbreaking thread.