iphone went dead, no response..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by owenoc118, Sep 6, 2013.

1. owenoc118 macrumors newbie

So i was charging my phone, as usual, at around 15%. Every couple minutes or so I would check my phone to see if I had any texts or anything. To my surprise, it was only going up about 1% about every ten minutes. The strange part is that in the top right corner where the little battery rectangle is and where the little lightning bolt usually is when the phone is charging, was some different symbol. It looked like an electrical cord or something ( i dont really remember). So then I had to go out somewhere, so I took my phone with me. It eventually died and when I got back to my room I tried to charge it again. The phone didn't respond to anything, it won't charge, isn't recognized in iTunes, and just has a completely unresponsive black screen. I have no idea what happened, as I didn't drop it, get water damage or anything. Would like some help from anyone who has experienced this and/or has knowledge of it. I should be getting a replacement in the mail today, but I really don't want to lose all my photos and stuff on my unresponsive phone. Thank you.

2. theshark macrumors newbie

theshark

New to the forum wanted to say hello. Have you tried??

hold Down home button first for 1 second then hold down the power button up the top as well at the same time

keep holding together for 5 seconds, then let go of the home button but keep holding the power button, after 5 secs it should boot up.

(or try this way)

hold down both buttons, and release the power button instead of the home button this time. it takes a bit of trial and error.

May or may not work.

3. owenoc118 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, didn't work but thanks tho

4. eben.he macrumors newbie

Have you tried connecting to iTunes?

Dos your phone get heat when you are charging?

if you havent drop or water damaged before I think maybe your dock connector was down...

5. nilzi macrumors regular

Have you checked if the battery is ok?
    According to my experience, the phone can't respond maybe caused by damaged battery, charger, charging port, or power button.