iPhone went in for LCD replacement... now dust under screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ayeying, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

=[

First there's awkward lines on my screen, now the person who changed my screen didn't clean out and you can see little dust particles under the glass. On top of those, my screen is off centered too. It's more to the right side up and you can see 2x border lines on the left and bottom side.

I set an appointment with another Apple Store tomorrow but I'm just so extremely sad at my phone now cause of this.

I'm wondering, what would you guys do in my situation? I dunno if I'm mad at the poor quality of work or what. I kinda feel like I should be compensated a little bit...

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Just ask for a new replacement. You have to go back because of their mistake, they should give you a new one.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

was it an Apple store that did the replacement or an independent shop? either should be able to fix this easily.

4. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

I kinda feel like that, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't want to look like a gold digger.

It was at an Apple Store. I didn't notice the dust because they had a plastic cover covering the screen. I got home, took off the plastic, didn't notice anything until I went out and the sunlight showed all the dust in there.

5. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Just take it back in..... It was a mistake and they'll correct it.