iPhone White Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JoeOfArc, Oct 22, 2008.

1. JoeOfArc macrumors newbie

I dropped my iphone in the toilet. I took it to apple and they said nothing could be done, water dmg, etc... So I got the 3g. I get home, and am messing with my phone and realize... wow... when I plug it into itunes it gives me the option to restore the broken phone.

The restore didn't take, but obviously the phone still has a bit of life in it. Would it be worth it to try and replace (I'm guessing) the screen, and see if the phone can be fixed?

2. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

What do you mean by, "the restore didn't take?" Do you mean it didn't restore? Or that the restore did nothing to fix the screen? If it didn't restore, then nah, stick with the 3G you have. The problem then would most likely be also on the logic board. The cost to fix the old iPhone would be almost as high as getting a new 3G. If the restore worked and the phone restored but the screen didn't activate, then try to take it to some small shop to have the screen replaced. Unless you are confident in trying it yourself, that is