Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gualwer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
Anybody using the while silicone Apple case for the iPhone 7 or 7 plus? Just wondering if the case gets dirty easily.

I really wanna buy it, I think it would look great with my white iPhone 7 Plus, but I'm afraid it'll get dirty and they're not that cheap.

Thanks

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If it's like the white sports band for the Apple Watch it's no hard to maintain. I use a magic eraser on my watch band every couple of weeks and it removes the majority of dirt. The only issue you might have is jean staining if you constantly wear jeans.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
If it's like the white sports band for the Apple Watch it's no hard to maintain. I use a magic eraser on my watch band every couple of weeks and it removes the majority of dirt. The only issue you might have is jean staining if you constantly wear jeans.
The iPhone case is silicone. The watch band is fluoroelastomer (whatever that is). Two different materials.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The iPhone case is silicone. The watch band is fluoroelastomer (whatever that is). Two different materials.

Yes, you are right. But with that being said, they are both rubber materials. Silicone can withstand higher temperatures and Fluoroelastomer is more oil resistant. A magic eraser will still clean the silicone case.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Using spigen liquid armor black case for my iPhone 7
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG

Last edited:

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Anybody using the while silicone Apple case for the iPhone 7 or 7 plus? Just wondering if the case gets dirty easily.

I really wanna buy it, I think it would look great with my white iPhone 7 Plus, but I'm afraid it'll get dirty and they're not that cheap.

Thanks
I had the white silicon case on my iPhone 6 and it still looked nice after quite a long time. Simple soap and water every once in awhile was all it needed. No yellowing occurred either. Would definitely recommend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.