iPhone Wifi malfunctioning

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Geek2nerd, May 29, 2010.

1. Geek2nerd macrumors newbie

I Updated my iPhone to 3.1.3, then jailbroke it using redsnow.But, I tried to access cydia, but my wifi isn't working!In settings wifi is on, but there is no blue or grey'd out wifi logo.It doesn't find any wifi router while my laptop finds them.My router is set to 802.11g so thats not the prob.(My iPhone is NOT unlocked)

2. Geek2nerd thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, before The iPhone was completely fine wifi worked calls worked everything.Then i gave it my cousin as i went out.when i came back idk what he did but it showed the connect to itunes and emergency call screen.Then as stated above i updated to 3.1.3 and jail broke etc etc

3. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Did you try a restore? This has happened to me before.
    It actually wasn't an issue with my iPhone, but the WiFi router...

4. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

It happen to my old linksys router WRT54G quite often, I need to unplug the power and reboot the router and it works fine after that, also make sure in your router setting, "wireless SSID broadcast" is enable.

You can also check your wifi at your local starbucks or your friends house, than you can narrow down the problem.

5. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

That's the exact same router I have! LOL
    And it's given me tons of problems with my iPhone too.