iPhone + Wifi problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forza69, Jul 9, 2010.

1. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

I don't know what to do or how to fix it anymore. Every time I turn on Wifi on my iPhone my internet stops working. It'll connect, but it won't be of any use. When I go to my computer, my internet of course doesn't work either. Only after I turn Wifi off on my iPhone does my internet signal return. This only happens with the iPhone. I have my PS3 hooked up to the same network and it works just fine when connected to the internet. This problem started happening after I updated to iOS 4. Also noticed that if I hit "Renew Lease" it works just fine.. after like 2 minutes of getting all the information it needs, but I shouldn't have to be doing that every time. Can anyone help me out here? Should I change some settings on my linksys router? If so, what are they.. cuz I'm stumped. Btw - it's a 16GB iPhone 3GS.

2. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

3. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

i had this problem once, forgot for what device. what router you using? have you tried updating your router to the latest firwmare?

4. calvy macrumors 65816

sounds to me like your iphone and computer are fighting for the same IP address somehow. I had a similar problem with my iPhone 4 recently. I set my iphone to use a static IP and it solved my connection problems.