iPhone WiFi question (also, msn, hotmail, etc)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djRuffian, Oct 21, 2008.

1. djRuffian macrumors newbie

Ey; I just picked up an iPhone the other day, and i personally like it, but there are a few things i wanna know first.

Firstly; the plan im on offers me a certain amount of MB a month (for the net im guessing), if i connect to a wireless connection other than my service providers one, such as my wireless connection at home, does the data usage i clock up count towards my set MB of downloads a month? (i'd say it wouldnt, but wanna make sure).

Secondly, i wanna use MSN on the phone, is their an application you can download to do this? What ive heard/seen is going to MEEBO and logging into your MSN from their and adding that link to the home screen. That the best way, or anything more efficient?

Another thing i want to know is Hotmail, can this be added to the MAIL app, without jailbreaking the phone? Or will i have to use the hotmail website or that IZYmail thing?

I guess another thing is importing contacts from the SIM CARD, i know where it is in the settings, but will this import them all, or will it let me choose the ones i want to import (apparently its a messy way of adding contacts).

If anyone can answer any of these, it will be appreciated.

2. TheBold macrumors member

well, here is my answer (as per my limited knowledge)

1) WiFi MB has nothing to do with your data plan.
    2) I think you can download an application called IM+.
    3) Hotmail cannot be added to the mail application.
    4) Will import them all.

Good Luck

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

^^^ All correct but I am also a MSN user and IM+ although free is pretty bad. You should download BeejiveIM, it costs 15.99 but it keeps you connected online 24/7 if you desire and its interface is amazing!

Also a new mail app for hotmail just came out, search in the Appstore for mBoxMail. It is the first email app for the iPhone/iPod Touch and looks pretty good!

Good luck!:rolleyes: