iPhone WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TillysWily, Dec 4, 2015.

1. TillysWily macrumors regular

Ok trying to figure something out thats bugging me. I can do a wifi speedtest on my macbook at it 50mbps everytime like I have but what I do it on my iPhone its never over 33mbps. Anyone have a reason for this? Just wanna make sure its not a phone issue, but I'm thinking that it is.

2. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

My 6s+ clocks faster than my computers. Well over 100 Mbps.

3. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

yea mines a new 6s idk whats going on with it i was hoping its something stupid I'm missing

4. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Make sure your phone is connecting to your router at 5ghz, not 2.4

5. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

How do I check that? It's a apple extreme router and the MacBook is on the same connection

6. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

I got all that and changed the channel on it as well to the one my mac said was the best and still the same.

7. wongster macrumors regular

on my router, the 2.4ghz name is _______ where as my 5ghz name is _____5ghz. is your mac hardwired or using wifi?

8. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Is your Airport capable of 5GHz? Is it 802.11n or ac? If it's 2.4GHz only that sounds about right.

9. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

Yes its 5GHz as well I turned it on and I'm connected to that network. I can't figure out why I'm not getting the same speeds.

10. bzegrl macrumors newbie

bzegrl

I have a problem with my 6s wifi here at the office. everyone else gets a better speed connection than I do. Both android and iphone 6 users. I did a speed test and it comes up as 1.98mbps download and 1.00 mbps upload. our router is a 5ghz router. not the standard 802.11n.