iPhone Wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

I own an airport extreme base station and realized that I really wasn't making it run at its optimal speed... so i changed the wireless settings for it to run at 802.11n (5GHz) only. My problem now is that my computer is running fast, but my iphone cant connect to the network... so does anyone have any ideas to fix this? I'd like to keep the settings... so I was thinking about maybe buying an airport express to plug into my extreme to send out a g signal so my iphone can pick it up... anyone have any better ideas?

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Do you share a lot of files between your computers on your network? If not, just stick with wireless G unless your internet connection is faster than 54mbps. Otherwise, connecting two routers can form a double NAT which can cause some trouble.

3. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

having a wired airport express sounds like the only solution to me, personally i think i would just let the Extreme handle B, G, N!

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The iPhone only has G. As long as it is connected to your Airport, it will be reduced to that speed. Just deactivate the WiFi on the phone or put it to sleep to regain your N speed.

Damn: We all posted at the same time.

TEG