iPhone will be available online

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glide, Jun 22, 2007.

1. glide macrumors regular

Not sure if this was posted yet, but according to Apple.com it will be available to purchase online on the 29th. No waiting in line.

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

but how long will it be if you order it? 3-4 weeks until arrival?

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Should ship within a few days, depending on how many orders they get. If they get totally swamped, might take a few weeks to get them drop shipped from China.

4. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I might just do that... go to the ATT store, if there is a long line, call home and have the lady order it for me :D

5. kalamus macrumors member

This is what everyone should do. They are more then prepared at the apple online warehouse to ship a ****-ton of these come June 29th. At the most it would take a couple days for it to be shipped I would expect. Im sure they overstaffed on those few days just for this purpose.

6. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

Maybe a good idea - I might go to an AT&T store that doesn't have the iPhone = no lines, switch from TMobile to ATTTT&T, get my free cheapo phone with AT&T and then order the iPhone off the website.

7. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I really really wish, that Apple would let people order online like the 25th or 26th for delivery on the 29th, just like they've done with past OS X Releases.

I'm wondering if phones are en route from China to Apple's US Warehouses now for faster shipments?

8. acrahm macrumors regular

does anyone know when they will go on sale online? because if its 6pm local time for each store, when is 6pm "local" for apple.com??

9. glide thread starter macrumors regular

For Apple.com local would be 6PM PST, but they would probably start selling them at 6PM EST as that is when it will be officially available to consumers.

Much like with every other thread on this board; no one knows for sure.

10. constant L macrumors member

i had the same question. and i'm also trying to find someone that has bought an apple product at launch and online at apple. how is it? does the site get bogged down and slow or unresponsive with all of the added traffic like links on digg?

11. Gonzlobo macrumors 6502

Psst, UPS & FedEx deliver in 3-4 days.

12. glide thread starter macrumors regular

True. From the time the item is shipped. Usually there is some processing time involved in an online order and things do not go out same day.

13. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

In my experience, buying phones from Verizon and Cingular/(the old) AT&T Wireless over the phone or online, so long as the order was placed before their close-of-business cut-off for shipping (5/6pm, IIRC), I had a phone in my hand the next day via FedEx or UPS.

14. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

However ATT will NOT be selling iPhone on their site at launch. Apple.com is rumored to, but not ATT.

15. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

ya, i am hoping at the most it is 3-5 business days