Iphone will not boot - Please HELP!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrjarvie, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mrjarvie macrumors member

ok guys I think I may have really messed up here.

I was in the process of sorting a problem that 'SwapTunes' caused with my iTunes libraries. I was using SSH and was looking at the outermost level of my iPhones folder hierarchy. I accidentally clicked and dragged the 'user' folder at the bottom of the list. Although I tried to drag it back to its original position before releasing the mouse button, Cyberduck seemed to put it somewhere and an alias to 'user' was created. As I am not too familiar with the iPhone folders I wasn't sure where it had gone. Cyberduck also doesn't have an undo function!!! Anyway for some reason I hoped it wouldn't be serious and disconnected SSH. Big mistake. I tried to launch calender on the iphone and it crashed and now the iphone will not boot to springboard. It just gets into a state of perpetual reboot (all I see is the Pwnage pineapple logo. I tried putting it into restore mode with no luck. If I could get into restore mode or SSH again I could try to sort the problem.

I am clueless at the moment. Really hope someone can help me here.
    Thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. mrjarvie thread starter macrumors member

major thanks for that - I really should have thought of that!
    Trying to restore to a custom firmware now.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No problem. :)

The downside is that you're definitely going to lose all your Jailbreak mods. But you should be able to restore everything else, and in the end, I guess, you'll have a working phone again. :eek:

5. mrjarvie thread starter macrumors member

uh oh....
    After everything seemed to go smoothly - the firmware seemed to go on fine and I managed to restore to a few days ago. Upon reboot I just get the Pineapple and two vibrates every few seconds. Still not booting to springboard...
    Maybe try not restoring?...