iPhone will not connect to wireless network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by damojag, May 27, 2010.

1. damojag macrumors newbie

damojag

I know there are some threads on here with an issue like this but check it out:

Last week my iPhone 3G stopped connecting to my wireless network. Since then I have changed the WPA Key and even removed it completely so that there is no password and it still does not connect. I tried my wife's iPhone at the same time and that connected no problem - even on another network my iPhone refuses to connect to a wireless network. Do I need to get it replaced?

2. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

What all have you done to your iPhone to remedy the problem. You mention changes you made to your network, but not the iPhone.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Does the network even show up as being able to be selected?

4. damojag thread starter macrumors newbie

damojag

Ok - the steps so far:

1. Reset Router to factory settings
    2. Relocated Router to boost a better signal
    3. Completely restored iPhone to factory settings
    4. Reset all settings including Network Settings
    5. Attempted to smash iPhone repeatedly off the wall

It recognises the network, asks me to put in a password (I put in the correct one as it is now committed to memory) and then tells me that it is "Unable to join the network" - this happens even if there is no password.

5. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

Did you restore from backup or setup as a new device. I had the same issue and when i restored i chose to setup as new and now works perfectly fine.

6. damojag thread starter macrumors newbie

damojag

7. damojag thread starter macrumors newbie

damojag

Network shows up as well as the 3G/Edge and wireless also shows up intermittently

8. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

My phone had the same issues. Or at least I thought it was the phone. Even though my router connected to 3 other iPhones, it wouldn't connect to one of them which happened to be myne. I unplugged the router, let it sit unplugged for like 20 minutes, and it has worked fine ever since.

9. damojag thread starter macrumors newbie

damojag

I don't think it's the router - I've tried connecting to three different routers with the same problem

10. surcal macrumors newbie

iphone - unable to join the network - Solved

Solved - Solved -Solved

It seems that it could be a hardware problem.I held my iphone touching the antenna of WIFI router, it connected to the router. I was able to use the internet in this position only. Moving away from router's antenna, internet does not works. At leaset now I can do some very urgent works on iphone without GPRS connection.I was not able to use my wifi for last six months. Done everything that was already discussed in all the forums.I am calling it solved only because, I was afraid of future unlocks will not be possible without WIFI. Uptil 3.1.2 "iphone pcsuite" could be used to install ultrasn0w directly through PC. But from 3.1.3 iphone needs to install "AFC2ADD" through cydia, before it can be recognised as a jailbreaked iphone. Atleast WIFI working. This way I can update important cydia updates and apps without having to use GPRS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7rItVFUeg