Iphone Will Not Dial Out or Receive Calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chepack, Mar 28, 2009.

1. chepack macrumors newbie

My phone has stopped dialing out. It shows I have full bars but when I dial a number before it rings it drops to no bars and drops the call.

Also, when someone calls me I answer but they can't hear me then after a few seconds it drops the call.

I have tried a restore but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Try taking the SIM card out then put it back in. Then try a hard boot, hold down home button and on/off button until silver apple appears, then let go. If that doesn't work, then start up while connected to your computer and have iTunes up and running; if that doesn't work, then a trip to the Apple Store....

3. chepack thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I tried those steps and nothing. Looks like a trip to the Apple Store on Monday.

Just one last question, I bought the phone through AT&T do I still need to go to the Apple Store?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Doesn't matter where you bought it; it should still be under warranty with AppleCare Support. They'll probably replace your iPhone on the spot. When was the last time you did a backup?

5. chepack thread starter macrumors newbie

I backed up today. Every other feature of the phone works fine except calling. Guess I should consider myself lucky that I have all my data backed up.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Have you tried calling AppleCare Support? Do you know how to setup an appointment via the internet?

7. chepack thread starter macrumors newbie

No I haven't ever had to set up an appt. I haven't called Apple Care yet, may do so tomorrow. I have the extended Apple Care so I should be fine.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, sounds like you've got a handle on it; keep us advised. Good luck......

9. aaurel1an macrumors newbie

FIXED - i guess

Hello there,

I don't know if you have same problem as me, but on me it worked fixing it this way:

- go to airplane mode
    - deactivate/reactivate or reactivate cellular DATA
    - deactivate airplane mode