iPhone will not play videos from other sites

SpearChucker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Hey guys Im new and I have a problem with my iPhone.
I jailbroke my phone 3.1.2 I believe the newest one, and I accidentally left my phone at my friends house. He added some themes and said that was all he added but I noticed it will not play any video not from the YouTube app itslef. Sites like break.com and other mobile sites videos will not play, hell even the m.YouTube.com won't play either. On some mobile sites it comes up with like a code or sumthin with strange symbols and such. PS I reset my phone to factory defaults but it still does not work. Thanks for any help

cmaier

macrumors P6
Jul 25, 2007
California
Hey guys Im new and I have a problem with my iPhone.
I jailbroke my phone 3.1.2 I believe the newest one, and I accidentally left my phone at my friends house. He added some themes and said that was all he added but I noticed it will not play any video not from the YouTube app itslef. Sites like break.com and other mobile sites videos will not play, hell even the m.YouTube.com won't play either. On some mobile sites it comes up with like a code or sumthin with strange symbols and such. PS I reset my phone to factory defaults but it still does not work. Thanks for any help
Go to the settings app and in the safari section you need to enable plugins

paul880417

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2009
flash

I believe u knew that iphone didnt support flash.

common video web sit can not display well on iphone.

if u do want some mobile video, try this site: iphone.youku.com

basicly its in chinese :D

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
I noticed it will not play any video not from the YouTube app itslef. Sites like break.com and other mobile sites videos will not play, hell even the m.YouTube.com won't play either.
m.youtube.com will not open videos if you have hidden the YouTube app from your spring board. I know of no workaround for this.

As previously mentioned the iphone wont play videos from other flash sites anyway, but with the imobilecinema plug-in some flash video types will be supported. e.g megavideo, ku6 and a few others

SpearChucker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Go to the settings app and in the safari section you need to enable plugins
Worked thank you so much. BTW to others I know flash doesn't work, I was talking about sites that are formatted with the iPhone like break and dailymotion. Thanks guys