iPhone will not update to new 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jchristopher, Jun 18, 2009.

1. jchristopher macrumors newbie

I have an iphone running beta 5. When I try to update to the Gold release of 3.0 Itunes will not let it happen.

Now I know that I have to use the restore feature, or shift and the click on restore to choose the restore file. But this doesn't work either.

Itunes gives me an error. " There was a problem downloading the requested software for "Josh's iPhone" The requested resource is not found.

Then I have the option for an Apple troubleshooting page. Which gives no help at all.

So I searched apple site and directly downloaded the new firmware. Thought using the shift + restore would work. It gives me the same error.

I have ripped out itunes and from what guides i can find I have removed the drivers for the iphone. (" I say drivers because I just recently switched to a macbook pro. Ive been a mac hater and pc lover until I got my iPhone and Apple support and reliability converted me.") I can make a PC do backflips theoretically speaking, but I am still learning how to really use and troubleshoot a mac.

Does anyone have any advice on how to update my iPhone software?

2. jchristopher thread starter macrumors newbie

3. heyroth macrumors newbie

So you've updated itunes, and you deleted all your beta 5 firmware from your computer and all you have is the gold release on your computer? If so, i'm lost.

4. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

Use Option + Click Restore on Mac.