iPhone wipe cloth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rannddeee, Jul 31, 2008.

1. rannddeee macrumors regular

I use the wipe cloth that came with my iPhone 3G everyday. I know it will eventually get dirty and it might even scratch the screen instead of cleaning it.

Do the :apple: stores give out extra wipe cloths or do you have to buy them. Or are the wipe clothes machine wash safe?

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

It's tiny. I think throwing it in a machine may be overkill. Why not just give it a good rinse when you think it may be time?

I rinse my ScreenSaverz cloth when I think it's dirty, just make sure you're adamant about getting all the crud out of it. It'll be fine.

3. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

really washing it wont hurt it??? i always tried to clean it by hand, granted it wasn't perfect but it made it decent enough to wipe my phone with it.

4. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

okay i guess handwashing it might be the best idea. but i still wanna know whether you can get extra ones at the :apple: stores.

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

6. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

It should be in the box/envelope with the manuals and :apple: stickers.

7. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I just rinse mine out with warm water when it gets dirty and let it dry. Good as new. I dont recall seeing them at Apple, but you can get 3-packs on ebay as well.

8. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I have a box load of crizal clean swipes my optometrist gave me for my sunglasses so I mainly use those..

9. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

I clean my eyeglasses with the cloth my optometrist gave me along with a cleaning spray. I also use that same cloth to clean my iPhone. Will the cleaning spray affect my screen in anyway? I'm also afraid to use that spray on my Polarized Oakleys.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

11. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

The cloth that came with my old iPhone was of much better quality than the one that came with the 3G. Material on the old one is much thicker and it seems to pick up grease and oil much better. So I'm using my old cloth with my new 3G and put the new cloth in the box with my old iPhone when I sold it on ebay.

12. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I didn't see mine until just now, either! Thanks! It really isn't as nice as the first iPhone, but better than nothing!

13. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

I've lost mine :(

But my imac one works just as well. Can you buy just the cloth from Apple stores?

14. Hockey man macrumors newbie

Hockey man

DON'T USE Cleaners................

It says specifically on Apples website to not use cleaners on the iPhone screen, so I wouldn't use any glass cleaners from your optometrist.:apple:

15. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I have as well

I still use tissues and have had no problem for a full year now with a nice looking screen still

16. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Optical cleaners are fine since the iPhone is optical (coated) glass and they are designed for it. I used optical cleaner and a micro fiber towel ever day for over a year on my original and it looks as good as my new G3.