Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehBrad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
So i downloaded the install file on my iPhone and then pressed install only to find my iphone prompting me to plug it into itunes. Then i notice it is not saying my name (Brad's iPhone) on itunes which begins to concern me only to see at the end that it restored my phone to factory settings. I have no backups, i assume it's gone? Is there a way that I can get my messages back? There is no iCloud backup either...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Without backup of some kind not much can really be done. Usually a good idea to have some sort of recent backup before updating or even in general.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
So i downloaded the install file on my iPhone and then pressed install only to find my iphone prompting me to plug it into itunes. Then i notice it is not saying my name (Brad's iPhone) on itunes which begins to concern me only to see at the end that it restored my phone to factory settings. I have no backups, i assume it's gone? Is there a way that I can get my messages back? There is no iCloud backup either...

You are, unfortunately, SOL. Take this experience and back up your stuff for how on. It will benefit you like if this happened again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.