iphone wipes laptop drivers??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glendalf81, Aug 1, 2011.

1. glendalf81 macrumors newbie

has anybody ever had the above problem,

i was trying to restore and iphone 3g that i had jailbroken for a friend with ipad baseband and they foolishly tried to reset data and settings from the iOS settings,

it was stuck in a recovery/boot loop and i used irecovery to kick it out of loop while that worked and the loop was stopped but then then iphone could not be detected so i checked in control panel>device manager only to discover ALL drivers had been disabled and i mean ALL including network, usb, optical drives and card reader meaning all i could do was reinstall windows,

i have sorted the iphone and my laptop now was just wondering how common this was as its happened twice to me now

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yours might be a different issue, I don't think the iPhone is capable of removing drivers from your computer.

3. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

yeah, it shouldn't even have access to your drivers.

A long time ago, china had put viruses on some ipods, that was cleaned up by apple though. The viruses never did that kind of harm however.

4. glendalf81 thread starter macrumors newbie

happened on 2 different machines, since found out it happened to a friend of mine too always with iphone 3G never happened with 3GS or 4, could it be some kind of clash with windows 7 and iphone as we are both running that