iphone wired remote(s)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fountaineer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. fountaineer macrumors member

fountaineer

I find it strange that apple or other 3rd parties haven't release a wired remote for the iphone 3g yet. It would make the iphone a more complete package for music listening.

I googled everywhere and found 2 old school remotes but that's it.

ideally a romote would be small, slips to clothes, has start, stop, rewind, skip, volume.

an ideal remote would also have some display screen and even a wheel.

hopefully something will be announced soon. maybe sep 9.

2. papiti macrumors regular

papiti

:)I don't understand why would you want a remote with a cable hanging out from your iPhone, but if it floats your boat, go ahead!!:eek:Just a weird concept!!:rolleyes:

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Volume is done with the buttons on the phone, Pause/Pause and skip is on the headset.

It would be nice to add support for the iPod Radio accessory which would do what you want.

TEG

4. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I think the button on some earphones for the iPhone (Apple ones, some other brands) is enough really, Pause and skip and volume on the iPhone obviously isn't as fully functional as a separate wired remote but I still prefer it to say the PSP headphone remote.

5. fountaineer thread starter macrumors member

fountaineer

For the option of keeping your iphone in your pocket and controlling music with a remote. Why does that sound so strange to you. I find it not very unusable to try controlling the touchscreen without looking at it.

the earphone remote is ok but it limits you from using other headphones. personally i'm not a fan of earphones.

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Other companies do make "adapters" that have a mic and button in them so you can connect any other headset to the iPhone and still have a mic and the buttons for control. I believe the Shure is one of the companies that make them.

TEG