iPhone Wireless Charging Making Sounds All Night

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EssentialParado, Apr 26, 2018.

1. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

I have an iPhone X and a Samsung Fast Charge wireless charging stand recommended by the verge, but when it’s fully charged it will make the charging ‘ding’ sound, and then seems to repeat every couple of minutes until I take it off the charging stand.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a problem with my phone or stand or are all iPhones currently having this issue?

2. abbeyon macrumors newbie

abbeyon

Never heard of it...should check for the Samsung model for causing this

3. istopdrop17 macrumors newbie

istopdrop17

So your charging stand is informing you that your phone is fully charged? What is wrong with that? If that is out of the ordinary, most likely, it's the stand. Can you get a different phone and see if the same issue occurs?

4. EssentialParado thread starter macrumors 65816

It’s the iPhone that makes the sound. It’s the ‘charging’ chime that usually sounds when it’s plugged in. It happens when the iPhone is full, as though it ceases charging, then keeps recommencing.

5. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

I'm am using a cheap, low amp eBay qi charging puck and it works fine. Once the phone is charged, it stops charging and doesn't keep making the "charging" sound.

I use a qi receiver on an iPhone 6s and it does not keeping making the "charging" sound either when it's fully charged.

6. EssentialParado thread starter macrumors 65816

Bloody Samsung. I’ll have to get another charger it seems