Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Anyone know of a decent, small, neat, and working, accessory for charging iPhone 6 plus?

I don't want a case, I do use cases but swap and from what I can see the cases are quite bulky, and sometimes don't use a case. I'd prefer something neater, and in the UK, or is it not really worth the hassle of it all?

Thanks

Last edited:

Brady0123

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2016
You could search on Amazon.co.uk.I think Amazon is good for you to find your expected things.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Yeh I'd rather buy from Amazon, but was hoping someone had some experience of particular ones.

Think I'd prefer one like above so can be used on other iPhones when upgrade.

TheDoctorX

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
Does anyone have some good solution for iPhone wireless charing at home and on the go - in car? I am sick of all of these cables.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Does anyone have some good solution for iPhone wireless charing at home and on the go - in car? I am sick of all of these cables.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-Wireless...297856?hash=item25bcdb9800:g:Y9AAAOSwepZXRS1c

This is what I use at home and at the office. I purchased a couple sets, leave a puck on my desk at the office and can easily charge when a meeting is happening. Now granted these make your life a bit easier but not a million times easier. If you have accessories that you constantly use for the lightning port, well then you'll have to unplug this and plug in your accessory. That can be a bit annoying, but overall not terrible. Only draw back I've seen: heat! The back of the device can get pretty toasty, even in a case. Not a deal breaker, but it is something people don't mention enough. Now my friends ask me about this wireless charging and besides the heat there's just one more thing to watch for.... MAKE SURE YOU PLACE IT ON THE PUCK CORRECTLY! I don't know how many times I just sit my phone on the puck, walk away and an hour or so later my phone didn't charge and the puck never lit up because I didn't pay attention. That's my fault, not the charging system. So just make sure when you set your device on the puck you see your device light up for a second or even see the puck change colors to blue.

Kind of gimmicky when you think about it because it's not a built in solution. You still need to put the adapter under a case so it's not flopping around but it does work... again, as long as you don't have a ton of accessories using the lightning port you'll be fine with this. I know you said you don't want to use a case, but I doubt you'll find much of anything to use without case just because nothing is built into the phone currently.

TheDoctorX

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
I just find this in Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iphone-android-mounting-system-with-qi-charging#/

What do you think guys? Based on the video, image and description I am really impressed about this products, but I don't know how it's work in real life. Does anybody already bought this product and test it? Anyway I really love the idea that Qi receiver is build in case and it's look like they offer a lot of different mounts too (for home, car, office).

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
I just find this in Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iphone-android-mounting-system-with-qi-charging#/

What do you think guys? Based on the video, image and description I am really impressed about this products, but I don't know how it's work in real life. Does anybody already bought this product and test it? Anyway I really love the idea that Qi receiver is build in case and it's look like they offer a lot of different mounts too (for home, car, office).
It seems okay. For one it's an Indiegogo campaign so you have no guarantees on ship dates or if it will come to fruition. Second it just seems real expensive for combining magnetic mounts and Qi charging. There are Qi car mounts, not magnetic, and desktop Qi chargers already available and cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.